BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] CmdQueueNice

2012-06-06 12:48:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] CmdQueueNice
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:45:54 -0400
Adam Goryachev wrote at about 21:14:52 +1000 on Wednesday, June 6, 2012:
 > Even better, would be if backuppc could support reading config file
 > snippets from a directory, that way all the local changes could be
 > stored in separate files, and the package could upgrade the config.pl
 > file without overwriting local changes.

I am able to achieve most of what you wish by doing most of my
customization in the individual host-specific config files since
variables set there override variables set in config.pl

Alternatively, one could add a line of perl code at the end of the
master config.pl file to source a set of customizations that would
again overwrite the defaults. Then after an upgrade, you would only
need to add back that sourcing line