BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] CmdQueueNice

2012-06-06 09:45:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] CmdQueueNice
From: Member Horvath <member AT thehorvaths.co DOT uk>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:43:42 +0100
Hi,
That's exactly what I did.
However I did try manually adding the config option to config.pl as well as using the package managers version, (reloading config after each change)

I later noticed that I was looking for it directly below the statement
 $Conf{MaxPendingCmds}
As it is in config.pl

It's under
"Other Parameters" in the web gui so I totally overlooked it.
Thanks anyway for your help ... :)

Stephen

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Adam Goryachev <mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:
On 06/06/12 20:18, Member Horvath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My backuppc server suffers high cpu usage during backups.
> I'm running Debian stable and backupc 3.1.0-9.1
> I noticed a config option in 3.2
> $Conf{CmdQueueNice} = 10; (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html)
>
> So I upgraded my backuppc to the package currently available in wheezy (3.2.1-3)
> However I still don't see this option available.
> In addition I now get an error when starting backuppc.
>
> "Starting backuppc...Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Storage/Text.pm line 302.
> Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1413."
>
> I have disabled deprecated errors by following the advice in this link
>
> My main requirement however is to get have the ability to nice my backuppc process with (I'm hoping) $Conf{CmdQueueNice}.
>
> Any advice?

My guess is that you ignored the package managers suggestion to merge the new config.pl file with your old modified config.pl file, thus you are still using the old one which doesn't add any of the new options. You probably can just add the required config option, or better, compare the old and new, and manually merge your modifications into the new config file.

Even better, would be if backuppc could support reading config file snippets from a directory, that way all the local changes could be stored in separate files, and the package could upgrade the config.pl file without overwriting local changes.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev