BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Windows Client

2012-06-06 21:34:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Windows Client
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 18:26:55 -0700
I'm trying to work with this to get it to restore files to their original paths via rsyncd as well.  Basically, I'm having the restore pre-cmd follow the same path as the dump pre-cmd ($type is helpful here), but bypassing vshadow and calling rsync with a different conf.  Single file restores work (with updated 1.7.15 cygwin1.dll), but restoring directories sort of mangles ownership and permissions beyond the first level.

Do you guys have any suggestions for generic permissions-fixing when restoring to a cygwin-rsync system?

Thanks,

Kris Lou
klou AT themusiclink DOT net

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Michael Stowe <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org> wrote:
> On 31/05/12 00:59, Michael Stowe wrote:
>> Not only are you exactly correct, but your fix is exactly what I left
>> out
>> when I posted it the first time (I apparently deleted that line and
>> hadn't
>> noticed.) The client side hasn't changed, but I'm updating the scripts
>> with the fixes this week, and will have it posted as soon as I do.
>
> Just a little reminder that on each machine I've tried to install the
> client on, the rsyncd.secrets file wasn't created.
> Also, when using a username other than Administrator (for rsync) the
> install also fails to use the correct username in the rsyncd.conf file.
>
> Haven't had a chance to install on a 2008 server yet, but hope to have
> more of a play in the coming weeks.
>
> Regards,
> Adam
>
> --
> Adam Goryachev
> Website Managers
> www.websitemanagers.com.au

Turns out it wouldn't create rsyncd.secrets unless the installation
directory already existed when the installer was started (whoops!)

I've fixed this, and a few other things, available here:
http://www.michaelstowe.com/backuppc