BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] OT: NAS GUI for native Linux (preferably RHEL)

2012-01-16 18:11:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] OT: NAS GUI for native Linux (preferably RHEL)
From: Steve Willoughby <steve AT alchemy DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:52:14 -0800
On 16-Jan-12 14:31, Timothy J Massey wrote:
> Honest answer? My prejudice against non-Linux UNIX, especially with
> something as important as backup. I don't want to run into subtle issues

Fair enough, as long as you admit it's prejudice on your part.  There's
a lot of history of Unix being proven stable in server applications for
a lot longer than Linux has been around.  You have to set up and
maintain the systems, though, so go with what you're comfortable with
and know best how to use.

> that won't show themselves until I really, really need those backups...
> (That red text right up near the top of your link? *That* is what I'm
> talking about...)

Yeah, but don't rely on ANY platform to "just work".  If you need the
backups, always get in the habit of verifying them on a regular basis.

--
Steve Willoughby / steve AT alchemy DOT com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."