BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] OT: NAS GUI for native Linux (preferably RHEL)

2012-01-10 21:12:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] OT: NAS GUI for native Linux (preferably RHEL)
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:11:09 +0700
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Chris Parsons <Chris.Parsons AT petrosys.com DOT au> wrote:
Id highly recommend Nexenta. It is much more feature complete than Openfiler and linux. Futher to this, with my experiences, BackupPC performs much better on Nexenta than it does on linux.

I'm sure it's solid for those with experience in it, and ZFS is great tech, but since Oracle killed its kernel upstream I personally wouldn't invest much in Nexenta myself; it hasn't has a new release for 15 months now.

Of course if OpenIndiana gains traction that's another story, but I tend to prefer mainstream choices for key infrastructure myself. . .