BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration

2011-12-14 08:08:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:06:49 -0500
On 12/13 11:28 , Dick Tump (Shock Media) wrote:
> Thanks. I found that option in the configuration and I have already
> tried it, but sometimes it will still start backups at 10 then. I would
> like to see the nightly job running exclusively, so without any backup
> tasks running.

The default blackout in config.pl should look like this:

$Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
    {
        hourBegin =>  7.0,
        hourEnd   => 19.5,
        weekDays  => [1, 2, 3, 4, 5],
    },
];

This should keep jobs from starting any later than 6am. (unless you start
them by hand or with a cron job). So if you do your BackupPC_nightly run at
15:00, all but the longest-running jobs should have finished.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator