BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration

2011-12-13 14:11:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:08:43 -0500
On 12/13 07:22 , Dick Tump (Shock Media) wrote:
> I am running BackupPC and it works great. I have only one question; is
> it possible to configure when the nightly will be started?

Yep. Laid out in config.pl.
Here's one of mine, where I have it set to run the 'nightly' job at 3pm.
I suggest that this would in fact be a better default than the current
default of 1am; since backup jobs will more commonly run at 1am than in the
afternoon. (If there are still backup jobs running in the morning, we
want them to be running on a lightly loaded server so they complete
quickly).

# The first entry of $Conf{WakeupSchedule} is when BackupPC_nightly is run.
# You might want to re-arrange the entries in $Conf{WakeupSchedule}
# (they don't have to be ascending) so that the first entry is when
# you want BackupPC_nightly to run (eg: when you don't expect a lot
# of regular backups to run).
#
$Conf{WakeupSchedule} = [15..24,1..14];

--