BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration

2011-12-13 13:54:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration
From: "Dick Tump (Shock Media)" <dick AT shockmedia DOT nl>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:22:49 +0100
Hello,

I am running BackupPC and it works great. I have only one question; is
it possible to configure when the nightly will be started? I know the
name suggests that it should be started at night, but in my
configuration all backups start at 23:00 and will take several hours.
The nightly jobs slows it down a lot.

I have killed the nightly job several times and restarted it manually
after the backups are made and then everything (backups+nightly) is
finished much earlier.

If there is no configuration option, is it possible to somehow disable
the nightly, so I can start it from cron?

Best regards,
Dick Tump.