BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration

2011-12-13 17:30:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly task configuration
From: "Dick Tump (Shock Media)" <dick AT shockmedia DOT nl>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:28:19 +0100
On 13.12.2011 19:55, Timothy J Massey wrote:
> "Dick Tump (Shock Media)"  wrote on 12/13/2011 01:22:49 PM:
>
>  > I am running BackupPC and it works great. I have only one
> question; is
>  > it possible to configure when the nightly will be started?
>
> The first entry in your WakeupSchedule determines this. So, for
> example, mine is something like:
>
> "10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Thanks. I found that option in the configuration and I have already
tried it, but sometimes it will still start backups at 10 then. I would
like to see the nightly job running exclusively, so without any backup
tasks running.

I have done some more thinking about this and I have possibly fixed
this with a blackout period at the time of the first entry in the
WakeupSchedule, combined with Blackout Good Count of zero. I'm not sure
if it will work, but I'll probably know in a day :) I don't use the
blackout period for other things, so for me this might be a fix.

Best regards,
Dick Tump.