BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups very slow after upgrade to squeeze

2011-09-17 15:53:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups very slow after upgrade to squeeze
From: "James L. Evans" <jle AT techatl DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 15:51:29 -0400
> Not sure why that would be true. Do they use the same versions of BackupPC?

lenny was 3.1.0-4. squeeze is 3.1.0-9

> It's also very likely that the nightly parameter was changed:  Maybe it was,
> say, 10, 1, 2, 3... and the new one > is 1, 2, 3...;  that means that the
> nightly is moved to a time when it is very likely a backup is running (1AM) >
> > instead of a time when it's unlikely to be doing so (10AM).

Old schedule was [3.1] on lenny and squeeze. New schedule is now [16, 3.1]
(with dump blacked out at 16).

Given that BackupPC_nightly slows the whole machine down (not just the
BackupPC_dump), I'm pretty sure this is an OS problem, not a BackupPC problem.
Since changing the schedule seems to hide the problem, I'm going to ignore it
for now.

Thanks,

Jim Evans