BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Round-tripping config.pl between hand-coding and the web interface

2011-09-09 11:41:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Round-tripping config.pl between hand-coding and the web interface
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 17:39:49 +0200
Hi,

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote on 2011-09-09 11:08:01 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
Round-tripping config.pl between hand-coding and the web interface]:
> [...]
> However, what is much less welcome are people who just suggest
> ill-defined or loosely-defined ideas that may have only narrow
> relevance and then expect the list to flesh-out and translate their
> ideas into something that actually makes sense and is doable.

actually, the disrespectful part is rejecting the suggestions because they do
more than you understand that you need.

If you are simply asking "would this work?" for a "this" that nobody else is
likely to have tried out, then do the work youself: try it out. Why should
*we* do that for you? If we answer, "that doesn't make sense", then "yes, but
would it work?" is not going to get any more attention, at least from me.

More important: don't ask for help, if you're not prepared to accept help.

Regards,
Holger