BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Round-tripping config.pl between hand-coding and the web interface

2011-09-09 01:04:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Round-tripping config.pl between hand-coding and the web interface
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:03:38 +0700
Started a new thread, originally part of this too-long one:

http://adsm.org/lists/html/BackupPC-users/2011-09/threads.html#00026

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT buc DOT com>
wrote:
> Just a note that a comma at the end of the last element in an array or
> hash is perfectly fine in Perl.
>
> This is also a correct example:
>
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>  '/cygdrive/c',
> ];

Perhaps someone implemented the

last item,
''
 ];

syntax because the web admin script strips that ending comma out.

It also removes

# comments

within a given variable's code block, but not those maintained between
variables.

Otherwise I haven't had problems using both the web admin and
hand-coding. I just use the web interface to start with and stick to
its preferred syntax/structure when editing manually.

However I do use diff tools to double-check against a "master"
occasionally, and keep dated backups of "canonical" snapshots in a
central location - next step revision control. . .

Note I'm working on 3.1, more recent behaviour may be different.