BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] My Solution for "Off-Site"

2011-07-12 03:08:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] My Solution for "Off-Site"
From: Andrew Ford <A.Ford AT ford-mason.co DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:31:54 +0100
My setup is somewhat simpler.  My BackupPC datastore is stored on a
700GB LVM logical volume on a 1TB disk, and I have 3 external 1TB eSATA
disks.  Each week I make a snapshot of the BackupPC logical volume and
"dd" the snapshot volume to one of the external disks (takes about 2
hours) and then "cmp" the snapshot volume and the raw partition on the
external disk.  The newest backup disk lives at home, I take the next
oldest in to work and keep it in my desk, and bring the oldest disk home.

Andrew