BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude files from share and its subfolders

2011-05-16 18:57:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude files from share and its subfolders
From: Steven Johnson <stageonedesign AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:54:59 -0400

On 5/16/2011 3:37 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:
> After further playing I am able to exclude .bak files from all backups and subdirectories but I am still not able to exclude particular folders from all subfolders.
> Here's my config:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
> '*' => [
> '/.AppleDB',
> '/.AppleDesktop',
> '/.AppleDouble',
> '/Temporary Items',
> '*.bak'
> ]
> };
>
> using the above config, /.AppleDB folders are only excluded from the root of each share, i would like them excluded from all subfolders within shares as well. Thanks

Because that's exactly what you told it to do. The leading '/' anchors
the exclusion to the root.

Try this:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
'*' => [
'.AppleDB',
'/.AppleDesktop',
'/.AppleDouble',
'/Temporary Items',
'*.bak'
]
};

This will have the side-effect of also excluding any normal files named
'.AppleDB', which may or may not be a problem for you.

--
Bowie