BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude files from share and its subfolders

2011-05-16 15:25:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude files from share and its subfolders
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:22:43 -0400
Steven Johnson wrote at about 14:35:02 -0400 on Monday, May 16, 2011:

 > Thank you for your reply; I would like to exclude all .bak files from ever
 > being backed up (in any share and its subfolders) but i cannot figure out
 > how to do this. I used the "*" for all shares but it only excludes .bak
 > files from the root of each share NOT their subfolders. Is this more clear?
 > Thanks for your help.

Please don't Top Quote - it makes the thread hard to read for those of
us who may be trying to help you...

What is the value of the relevant variables you are setting to do the
includes/excludes and to specify the share names?

The devil is often in the details - quotes, precise syntax, etc...

How can we help you if you seem to be so resistant to giving even the
slightest bit of information needed to help you?