BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate

2011-05-11 14:45:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:44:19 -0500
On 5/11/2011 9:52 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Chris Baker<cbaker AT intera DOT com>
> wrote:
>> It is extremely busy right now at the office. I am attempting to set up a
>> new BackupPC server. It's an older Dell Dimension computer with 1 GB of
>> memory and a 1 TB hard drive.
>>
>> Right now, I have the latest Ubuntu with BackupPC installed. I can't get the
>> web interface going.
>
> I recently did a contract job of setting up BackupPC on an Ubuntu
> 10.04 LTS server remotely (completely over SSH).
>
> I didn't have any issues with the web interface other than setting the
> backuppc password in apache and restarting the service.

I just tried this under 10.04 LTS and the install process popped up a
dialog with a password it had created and listed the command to change
it.  You'd probably save yourself some trouble if you mount your drive
under /var/lib/backuppc before the install so everything lands in the
right place from the beginning (assuming that's not the only drive in
the box...).  And you might consider making the drive a raid with a
'missing' member instead of using it directly.  That way you can easily
add a mirror later for reliability.