BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] client hangs

2011-01-02 08:43:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] client hangs
From: Bob Wooden <rewdn AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: backuppc-users-list <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 07:40:35 -0600
I am setting up a newer BackupPC server for my home lan. I have been using BackupPC for a year or more and decided to dedicate a small server (hardware I had) to backup duties. All client setup went well except the last one. It is a tar backup of my firewall box. This client configuration is a copy of the older server's setup for the same client that works fine, there.

When I run the troubleshooting string I get the following:

admin@backuppc:~$ sudo -u backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f [client-hostname]
[sudo] password for admin:

RSA key fingerprint is f6:07:63:7a:f4:8c:50:f6:72:c8:a5:fd:c5:68:3a:1f.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
And on hitting the 'enter' key, the process hangs with a blinking cursor on the next line down. I run top on server and backuppc processes are NOT running nor is ssh. I can force the cursor to release with a couple of strokes of "Ctrl+'letter' c".

Any ideas what I should do?
--
Bob Wooden
Nashville, TN