BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] client hangs

2011-01-03 12:01:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] client hangs
From: Rob Sheldon <rob AT associatedtechs DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 08:58:29 -0800
On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 21:19:04 -0600, Bob Wooden <rewdn AT bellsouth DOT net>
wrote:

> Then I ran this and tried and the verbose hung, but 'top' showed sshd
> activity. So, I waited and in 30 seconds or so, backup verbose info started
> flying up the screen.

Not sure if this would be the cause of your delay or not, but in some
cases sshd will pause during an initial connection if it can't perform a
reverse DNS lookup on the connecting IP. You can disable this and the
pause will go away (if it's the cause).

See http://forum.ivorde.ro/ssh-disable-dns-reverse-lookups-t71.html for
more information.

- R.