BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] client hangs

2011-01-03 09:04:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] client hangs
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 08:02:42 -0600
On 01/02 09:19 , Bob Wooden wrote:
> > su -s /bin/bash backuppc
> > ssh -l root [changed to myremotehostname]
> > exit
> Then I ran this and tried and the verbose hung, but 'top' showed sshd
> activity. So, I waited and in 30 seconds or so, backup verbose info
> started flying up the screen.

If you're not already familiar with it, look into tools like 'iftop' (my
favorite) or 'iptraf' to monitor what your connections are doing on the
wire. It'll give you some idea whether the connection is actually hung or
whether it's moving data in the background and not showing any activity
relative to that data yet.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator