BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] R: Schedule settings

2010-12-01 09:22:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] R: Schedule settings
From: Koen Vermeer <koen AT vermeer DOT tv>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:21:23 +0100
So, for the full backups:
- Set FullPeriod to 29.97 (30 minus a bit), which will give you a full
backup every 30 days.
- Set FullKeepCnt to 12, which will keep 12 full backups around.

For the incrementals:
- Set IncrPeriod to 0.97 (1 minus a bit), which will give you an
incremental backup every day.
- Set IncrKeepCnt to 29 (30 minus 1), which will make sure you have at
least 29 incrementals available.

And read the documentation to check if this is indeed doing what you
want.

Best,
Koen