BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule settings

2010-12-01 07:19:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule settings
From: Koen Vermeer <koen AT vermeer DOT tv>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 13:16:40 +0100
On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 12:07 +0100, Vitello wrote:
> I’m writing because I need help to set up backup schedule.
> I have 8 pc and I would made a full backup every month (for example at
> first of every month) and an incremental backup in days remaining.
> I’ve planned to store one-year backup on hard-disk and replace it with
> a new one every year.
> Which setting have I to do?

I cannot answer that. But for your own reasoning and for others to help
you, consider this: You have specified when you want to make what type
of backup. But you haven't said anything about what backups you want to
keep. E.g., do you need to have an backup of every day of the past year?
Or would it be sufficient to only retain the full backups? Or maybe one
backup of a month ago, one of three months ago and one of a year ago?

Best,
Koen