BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How exactly to archive backup?

2010-12-01 09:43:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How exactly to archive backup?
From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:40:34 +0000
I'm running BackupPC on a CentOS-5.5 server,
and it works extremely well.

I'm backing up nightly onto a hard disk in my server;
but now I'd like to add a weekly or monthly backup
to an external hard disk.

I've looked at the BackupPC archive documentation,
but do not understand it completely.

1. I'm not sure, in the case of a disaster on my server,
how exactly I could retrieve the archive
to say a different hard disk on the server,
or even a different machine.

2. I'd be really grateful for a sample archive setup
implementing a safety backup onto an external hard disk
as described above.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net