BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule settings

2010-12-01 06:30:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule settings
From: Mirco Piccin <pictux AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:27:54 +0100
Hi

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Vitello <vitello69 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Hi,

I’m writing because I need help to set up backup schedule.

I have 8 pc and I would made a full backup every month (for example at first of every month) and an incremental backup in days remaining.

I’ve planned to store one-year backup on hard-disk and replace it with a new one every year.

BackupPC guide well explains schedule and retention/expiration settings.

Configuration parameters you need to work on are:
$Conf{FullPeriod} - Minimum period in days between full backups
$Conf{IncrPeriod} - Minimum period in days between incremental backups
$Conf{FullKeepCnt} - Number of full backups to keep (Exponential backup expiry is also supported)

Hope this helps you.
Regards