BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backing up whole linux system

2010-09-28 15:09:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backing up whole linux system
From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:54:41 +0200
Hello people.

I need to back up my Debian server, which mainly acts as a gateway (iptables) and proxy (squid). I’d like to back it up in a way that should enable me to recover the whole system onto a new harddisk drive, if the actual one would fail.
Is backupPC right for this purpose, or would it be better to take some sort of “snapshots” with some other software/tool?

Many thanks in advance.

Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21