BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore takes way too long and the fails

2010-09-23 11:07:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore takes way too long and the fails
From: Marcus Hardt <marcus AT hardt-it DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:05:38 +0200
[..]

> Have you tried getting a zip archive from the GUI instead?  Or using
> BackupPC_zipCreate on the CLI?

No, sorry, I've not tried zip yet.

I'll first try to understand why things work on one but not the other system.

I've by found a windows XP host who friendly accepts the restores sent to him
-- including the "problem files".

My guess is that the Vista Machine has strange permissions set for some
files.

Does Backuppc restore the permissions, as well? (I.e. could there be a
situation in which a directory is created, made read-only, and then files are
written into it?)

I'll check the file system of the XP host.

M.

--
M.