BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync

2010-08-15 05:24:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync
From: David Wraige <david AT wraige DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:04:14 +0100
I had a similar problem. What fixed it for me was:

1) Stop the Backuppc service: /etc/init.d/backuppc stop (if you have
init.d scripts working)
2) eval `ssh-agent`
3) ssh-add (and then type password at prompt)
4) Start Backuppc: /etc/init.d/backuppc start

You need to start Backuppc from the same shell that you run ssh-agent
from and after you run ssh-agent so that it can pick up the necessary
hooks. If Backuppc is already running when you run ssh-agent then it
won't work.

Hope this helps,
David