BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync

2010-08-16 07:59:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync
From: waverider <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:57:00 -0400
My thanks to all who have been such a great help

I am now able to connect to the remote server as the backuppc user and transfer
files using the format
rsync -avz -e ssh remoteuser@remotehost:/remote/dir /workstation/dir/

so  rsync is now working as it should.

However, when I try to do a full backup of the folder /volume1/WINDATA  on the
remote server, it fails and Iget the following error in the log:

2010-08-16 21:46:29 full backup started for directory /volume1/WINDATA
2010-08-16 21:46:30 Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
2010-08-16 21:46:35 Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks again