BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync

2010-08-15 07:59:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync
From: "Kenneth L. Owen" <tx836519 AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:57:35 -0400
Hi,

I also run Ubuntu and BackupPC.  When I was reworking my system, Luis
Paulo opened my eyes concerning keys.  I now run using the visudo
technique to avoid backuppc having root privilege.  Read this articale:

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/ssh.html

Pay special attention to the visudo method.  I've been running it this
way for about a year now with no problems.  -- ken