BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync

2010-08-15 07:23:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails over rsync
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:20:45 +0100
On Sunday 15 Aug 2010 06:58:11 waverider wrote:
> > Try, from the server, to run
> > $ ssh root < at > 192.168.72.11
> >
> > You'll need a passless ssh connection or some kind of ssh agent.
> > Otherwise the backuppc connection will not be successful.
>
> As I said above ssh and rsync work and provide passless connection so the
> problem must be in Backuppc config somewhere

What is the format of the external drive? If the drive hosts the backuppc
user's home directory, make sure that .ssh and its contents have the right
permissions.

Just to be clear, make sure that you have tested SSH as the backuppc user, not
root:

su - backuppc
ssh [email protected]

Regards,
Tyler

--
"If we confuse dissent with disloyalty — if we deny the right of the
individual to be wrong, unpopular, eccentric or unorthodox — if we