BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Need to access BackupPC again

2010-07-12 02:02:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Need to access BackupPC again
From: Mark Adams <madams9 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 23:59:49 -0600
I had backuppc up and running on my backup server for quite a year or
so, then that server failed. It took me a while, but I scrounged enough
hardware to get it running and then my primary server (which I was
backing up) failed.  Long story short, I had to disable backuppc until
the primary server was back up. By then, I had forgotten how I disabled
backuppc and now I'm ready to get backups started again.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what I need to do to get it working
again.  Backuppc is running on the backup server.  I can access the cgi
interface via a web browser, but I don't get the log in dialog.  If I
set $Conf{CgiAdminUsers}     = '*'; I can access the hosts, etc. but I
can't change anything in any config.  I created an .htaccess file for
/var/www/cgi-bin, but after restarting httpd and backuppc still no joy.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks.

Mark