BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Need to access BackupPC again

2010-07-13 11:15:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Need to access BackupPC again
From: Mark Adams <madams9 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:13:56 -0600
On 07/13/2010 08:54 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 7/13/2010 9:35 AM, Mark Adams wrote:

>>> What distro are you using?
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>

>> Mandriva 2010.0, 2.6.31.13-server-1mnb
>>
> You basically need to wade through your httpd configuration to figure
> out what is permitting access and ignoring the require valid-user
> directive.  I don't know about Mandriva but many distributions have an
> additional /etc/httpd/conf.d directory where snippets of the config file
> are included.  If you have that, you need to wade through them to see if
> anything allows access to the cgi-bin directory.  Or add a more specific
> entry to control access to the BackupPC_Admin file.

I have a conf.d dir under /etc/httpd but it's empty.  I have been
combing through the installation docs at the BackupPC wiki and my
httpd.conf file.  So far, no joy.  And it's really complicated and user
hostile.

Thanks for the tip.  Would it be helpful if I posted any portion of the
httpd.conf file?

Thanks.

Mark