BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Question on Backing Up Windows

2010-05-20 03:19:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Question on Backing Up Windows
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:16:53 +0200

Am I
>following the right instructions to make SMB work?

Smells like NTFS-permissions might be off. OTOH, the domain admin-account
should be able to access that stuff anyway.

I've tried this before too, but couldn't get Samba to play. Do you have all
the legacy ntlm challenge/respons settings enabled on the domain? It will
definitely not work otherwise. Maybe with Samba4.

You might want to look into DeltaCopy, which is a rsyncd-based system. Works
very well over here.

--
/Sorin