BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Question on Backing Up Windows

2010-05-19 11:13:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Question on Backing Up Windows
From: Ben Adams <benadams AT tsav DOT com>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:40:53 -0400

I have a question that I am sure has been asked MANY a time on here, but I am trying to back up a Windows system without using Cygwin1.dll which is what the RSYNCD and RSYNC methods use.  I was exploring SAMBA (SMB).  The computers in question are a member of a Domain, and I am typing in TSAV\username and password and using a user with Domain Admin privileges.  I also put the FQDN and Simple Domain name in the field ClientNameAlias

My question is this: Why can I back up C$\ which backs up all of the C drive, but can not back up ONLY C$\Documents and Settings\ which is all I want to back up?  Am I following the right instructions to make SMB work?

Thanks,

~Ben
Ben Adams |  tsav IT Administrator
775 barber street, athens, georgia  30601
voice.706|534|7350
fax.706|243|4940