BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup

2010-05-04 09:23:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup
From: Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:21:59 -0500
This is very true. We have 4 remote sites, 2 T1's (1.5megabit up and down) and 2 DSL (1.5megabit down x 256 kilobit up) and have a central backuppc server located in-house that backs up those 4 server and 10 more in house on the local fiber network. The only issue was the initial full on the 2 DSL connections. Since they are local to us, I was able to take the server there and run the initial full no problem. I use rsync on all the servers. The total of all the servers is over 2TB with the remote sites having about 700GB of that. So you should be good with rsync and just get the initial full onsite.

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Inno wrote:
> I have not a decent internet connectivity and I have more than 500 GB.

With rsync the size doesn't matter much after you get the initial copy (which
you might take on-site and carry over or let it run over a weekend).  The
bandwidth/time you need nightly would depend on the rate of change in the content.