BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web interface issues

2010-03-08 04:40:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web interface issues
From: Andrew Schulman <andrex AT alumni.utexas DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:38:33 +0000 (UTC)
> Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera... its all the same...
> /var/log/httpd/error_log shows no errors
> /var/log/BackupPC/LOG shows no errors
> /etc/hosts is normal
> /etc/BackupPC/hosts is normal
> Attached to this message is a screenshot of what my web interface looks
> like now.

I also have this problem, with backuppc 3.1.0-ubuntu6.  The interface was
working fine before, but I just had to reinstall my OS.  Now my screenshot looks
similar to yours:  although I still have the sidebar at left, the only links in
the server section are Status, Host Summary, Documentation, Wiki, Sourceforge.
The links for Edit config, Edit hosts, etc. are missing.

In the main area for Server Status, I see Currently running jobs and Failures
that need attention, but no General server information and no graphs or
statistics of file space usage.

After my boot hard drive died, I changed from Debian to Ubuntu.  I also had to
chown -R backuppc:backuppc /var/lib/backuppc, since the backuppc user's user and
group IDs had changed.  So I guess that this is either a problem with
permissions, or a problem in the Ubuntu package.  But since index.cgi is suid
backuppc, I don't see why there should be a permission problem.

Nick, are you running Ubuntu by any chance?
Andrew.