BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web interface issues

2010-03-08 13:38:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web interface issues
From: Nicholas Hadaway <nick.hadaway AT fastroot DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:36:48 -0600
My problems with backuppc are almost completely solved.  :)
I ran through /etc/BackupPC/config.pl one more time and found some
misconfiguration.
Take the time to go through that file and get things set right... Even
if you thought you already set it... double check it...

what really helped the most was pulling out all the comments from the
config file which allowed for a much more sane view of option settings.

For CSS and pretty stuff:
$Conf{CgiImageDir} = '/var/www/html/BackupPC';
$Conf{CgiImageDirURL} = '/BackupPC';
$Conf{CgiCSSFile} = 'BackupPC_stnd.css';

To make sure you can see ALL hosts when logging in as admin:
$Conf{CgiNavBarAdminAllHosts} = '1';

And probably the most important ones..
$Conf{BackupPCUser} = 'backuppc';
$Conf{TopDir} = '/data/BackupPC';
$Conf{ConfDir} = '/etc/BackupPC';
$Conf{LogDir} = '/var/log/BackupPC';
$Conf{InstallDir} = '/usr/local/BackupPC';
$Conf{CgiDir} = '/var/www/cgi-bin';

I noticed that when I did a re-configure and install of BackupPC to
re-set my config.pl sanity... I noticed I had to manually populate the
TopDir, InstallDir, etc... even though the install showed my directory
structure properly.  Anyway... this is beta release so i'm willing to
accept things like that...

So the web interface works well after getting the config options set
properly.

BTW... my OS is CentOS 5.4 + extra repositories to get all the perl
packages put in nicely.

Next?:  in all this reconfiguration, linux hosts are working
marvelously... but my windows+rsyncd hosts stopped working... and now
i'm trying DeltaCopy with the same failures... more to come.

-nick