BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] archive host questions

2010-03-07 18:41:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] archive host questions
From: Gerald Brandt <gbr AT majentis DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 17:42:10 -0600 (CST)
Hi,

I've been trying to automate archive (from iSCSI to USB drive) for offsite backups.  Last Fridays ran fine (but took almost 20 hours).  This Fridays failed at exactly 1200 minutes in, by a SIGALRM.  Is there a time limit on archives?

The backups are only 282 GB total (written to USB drive) on a quad core xeon with 1.5 GB RAM.  Should it be this slow?  I do see a lot of CPU time in WAIT.

Can I get more than 1 archive running at a time?  That is, I have 20 hosts I want to archive, can I have 4 archive processes running at once, each working with 5 different hosts?

Thanks,
Gerald