BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails after running 8-10 hours

2009-11-24 15:30:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails after running 8-10 hours
From: Nick Bright <nick.bright AT valnet DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:27:23 -0600
Pursuing your suggestion when I executed "ssh -l root -T remote
/bin/true" I was greeted with "stdin: is not a tty".

My googling resulted in

http://platonic.techfiz.info/2008/10/13/stdin-is-not-a-tty/

which indicates that the culprit is apparently "mesg y" in /etc/bashrc.
After commenting out "mesg y" in my /etc/bashrc, "ssh -l root -T remote
/bin/true" receives no output as you indicate is correct.

I have kicked off a full backup and I'll see how it goes, but I'm sure
that it will work properly now that the "stdin: is not a tty" is gone.

For reference anyone hitting this on a search "mesg y" allows the 'wall'
and 'talk' or other such commands to write to your TTY for intra-system
chat on TTY's.

Thank you everybody for your help in clearing this problem up!

  - Nick Bright