BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails after running 8-10 hours

2009-11-11 04:26:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails after running 8-10 hours
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:21:58 +0000
On Tuesday 10 November 2009 19:57:11 Nick Bright wrote:
> The system itself is a cPanel hosting server, and hasn't had anything
> special done to it. Let me put it this way - I didn't do anything to
> knowingly create "a lot" of hardlinks. I'm sure there's some, but
> probably not an unusually high number.

I run BackupPC on two cPanel servers.  If you aren't limiting rsync to one
filesystem, be sure to exclude /home/virtfs/*.  These are rbind mounts, not
hardlinks, and they are mounted dynamically as users login.

Related:

http://www.tolaris.com/2009/10/28/moving-cpanel-services-and-homevirtfs/

Sorry to go a bit off topic, all.

Tyler

--
"Go into emptiness, strike voids, bypass what he defends, hit him where
he does not expect you."