BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] email for completed backup

2009-06-24 12:25:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] email for completed backup
From: Brian Erickson <brian.erickson AT apigroupinc DOT us>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:51:13 -0500
Nick,

Here are the steps that I user on my BackupPC servers to do just what you are looking for.

Under the main server config (Server | Edit Config) and the Backup Settings tab:
DumpPostUserCmd: /etc/BackupPC/backupmail.sh $user $xferOK $host $type
RestorePostUserCmd: /etc/BackupPC/restoremail.sh $user $xferOK $host $fileList

The two .sh files are attached as a ZIP file.

NOW: the e-mails will contain a few lines from the log files, but I haven't figured out how to make it send the most RECENT log (the ones included are the LAST logs)

So in my e-mail, I have it filter out e-mails that have the words "Successful" and "Backup" into a folder for later review.  That way any "failures" show up in my inbox for attention.

Also: be sure to create the "success" and "failure" directories under /etc/BackupPC (or comment out those lines in the .sh file)

Good luck!

Brian Erickson
Information Systems Manager
APi Group, Inc.