BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] [OT] bpc.20.hypatia AT xoxy DOT net

2009-06-25 18:40:57
Subject: [BackupPC-users] [OT] bpc.20.hypatia AT xoxy DOT net
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Nick Smith <nick.smith79 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:34:29 +0200
Hi,

Nick Smith wrote on 2009-06-25 09:47:17 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Returned
mail: see transcript for details]:
> Why do i keep getting these messages sent to me directly as a reply
> from the list?
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:55 PM, <bpc.20.hypatia AT xoxy DOT net> wrote:
> > [...]
> > bpc.20.hypatia AT xoxy DOT net
> >    (expanded from: bpc.20.hypatia AT xoxy DOT net)
> >
> >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > 553 5.0.0 General list for user discussionquestions and support -
> > backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net <+bpc+h...ists.sourceforge.net
> > AT spamgourmet DOT com>
> >        questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> > net>... Unbalanced '"'

because some idiot has a broken MTA setup (and ignores complaints to this
effect). Craig was kind enough to unsubscribe him for that before; apparently
he has now resubscribed. Can you do it again, please, Craig?

I'm lucky enough that I can simply blacklist the sender address and be done
with the matter (except for some log file lines about rejecting his mail). You
probably don't control the MTA for gmail.com, though ;-). But you can probably
set up a spam filter to junk all mail from that sender address. I doubt you'll
miss anything you would have wanted to read.

Regards,
Holger