BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Host Summary - Full Size: Wondering where it comes from

2009-06-02 16:06:13
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Host Summary - Full Size: Wondering where it comes from
From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:01:50 +0200
Hello list...

I was just playing around with occupied HDD space and wondered where the “Full Size” values in the “Host Summary” depend on, where they originate. Indeed, if I do “du –sh /var/lib/backuppc/pc/hostname1” I get totally different values from the ones reported in the web interface (not to talk about the data effectively stored on the remote host, but that’s no problem because I know there’s pooling and compression going on).

Anybody knows why there’s difference between the above 2 values?

Thanks,
Flavio Boniforti.