BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Problem: backup laptop on 2 different ip and 2 different domain

2009-06-02 13:17:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Problem: backup laptop on 2 different ip and 2 different domain
From: Andrea <backuppc AT fusilab DOT net>
To: questions and support General list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:14:12 +0200
Hi all.
I have a "strange" problem:

On my server i have 2 domain:
  test.lan  with 172.16.0.0/24 - for "ethernet" fixed ip address machine
  test.priv with 172.16.1.0/24 - for "wireless" dynamic address machine

So my laptop could be
1) 172.16.0.1  with name:  foo.test.lan
2) 172.16.1.1  with name:  foo.test.priv

# nmblookup foo
return the correct ip address on both .lan and .priv

PROBLEM:

When backuppc do dns search and then nmblookup search it will always do
# ssh -l root $host

but $host in that case == "foo"

As u all just realize, the /etc/resolv.conf server file has (of course)

    search test.lan test.priv

so the backuppc server will always try

   # ssh -l root foo.test.lan  (172.16.0.1)

even if nmblookup return 172.16.1.1

What i've wrong ? Have i forgot some $Conf ??

My apologies for my bad english ('i'm ita),
and many thx in advance to any1 with a "trick" :P
Cya.
--
Andrea.
I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen,