BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Noob questions

2009-05-22 17:34:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Noob questions
From: Renke Brausse <rbrausse AT gmx DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:31:09 +0200
> It's that initial setup / learning curve... If was past that I'd be
> setting up BackupPC on the toaster oven.

excellent point. I started with some backuppc 2.x and my current 3.x is
_really_ user friedly and easy going. but if I try to imagine what would
happen when I just looked for a simple backup solution for my private
needs BackupPC would be overkill. why should I invest time for something
like a stupid file copy application?

long story short: yes, backuppc is not simple - but a running instance
is like fire-and-forget. I just start my laptop and home and one to two
hours later everything is safe on the RAID of my backuppc server.

"nobody wants backup, everyone demands restore" is imo possible with a
configured backuppc :)

Renke