BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Noob Question Time... backup up localhost

2009-05-21 16:37:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Noob Question Time... backup up localhost
From: Skip Guenter <skip AT skipsjunk DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:34:08 -0500
I have been looking at this and back to a how-to I was trying to follow.
For the case of backing up the localhost (c17-desktop) & trying to
exclude the /var/lib/backuppc directory where c17-desktop is the
BackupPC server...

I can not follow where to copy ssh keys to/from.  Does anybody have time
to baby step me thru this?

When I do: "sudo su backuppc"
followed by: "ssh -x -l backuppc c17-desktop date"
i get: "ssh: connect to host c17-desktop port 22: Connection refused"
Which I believe ya'll are telling me is because I don't have ssh-keys
set up correctly.

I do have user backuppc set up to be able to run rsync w/o a password
via: "sudo visudo"
which shows:
# User privilege specification
root     ALL=(ALL) ALL