BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Noob Question Time... backup up localhost

2009-05-21 09:29:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Noob Question Time... backup up localhost
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:25:34 -0400
Skip Guenter wrote at about 03:25:53 -0500 on Thursday, May 21, 2009:
 > Duh, no.  Thanx much.

I think you may be confusing "no passwords" with no security. I assume
the respondent (whom you answered remarkably rudely) meant did you set
ssh up to use passkeys rather than passwords. As long as you keep the
passkey secure, the system security will be infinitely stronger using
RSA/DSA passkeys than a simple plaintext password.