BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Revamping the Wiki

2009-02-13 08:08:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Revamping the Wiki
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:06:03 +0100
I dont want to interfere with your conference - the discussion will be
more efficient with few participants. But in case you need additional
hands for doing the actual work, let me know - I am willing and
motivated to help (but my experience with backuppc is only a few weeks old).

When you have your discussion, I suggest that you have a look at the
split of the existing documentation between the Wiki FAQ and Tips&Tricks
sections, but also their complementarity with the "official document".
It should be possible to have this better correspond to where you would
intuitively look for information. Probably much substance could be moved
from the FAQ to a (possibly restructured) Tips&Tricks section. Maybe
Tips&Tricks could be split into a section with conceptual information
and a section with practical suggestions. I would confine the FAQ to a
well selected list of short and precise statements - where appropriate
with references to the sections with extensive text.

I also have some comments on specific issues to include, but I agree
that the revamping of the structure should come first.