BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] When will backuppc begin pooling?

2009-02-13 07:44:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] When will backuppc begin pooling?
From: Steve <leperas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:42:52 -0500
i haven't been following this thread at all, so apologies if you tried
it already, but there are a number of suggestions on how to change the
top level directory at the wiki:
http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/change+archive+directory
i am a noob and managed to do the one titled "Changing the name of the
archive directory" without any trouble to my RAID0 array.  As far as i
can tell this would work for any pool location that supports hard
links...
good luck and ignore if this was already suggested.
evets

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Brian Woodworth <bwoodworth AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> That's unfortunate.  I can't just mount my array there as it is basically my
> NAS that use to store all of my media.  It sounds like I will have to go
> without pooling if I want to back up to another location other than
> /var/lib/backuppc
>
> thanks to everyone who responded
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Adam Goryachev
> <mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:

>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
>> CA
>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
>> Enterprise
>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
>> participation
>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
>> SFAD
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H
>

> --
> Brian Woodworth
> bwoodworth AT gmail DOT com

"It turns out there is considerable overlap between the smartest bears
and the dumbest tourists."