BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Revamping the Wiki

2009-02-12 17:56:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Revamping the Wiki
From: Cody Dunne <cdunne AT cs.umd DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:53:55 -0500
Hello everyone,

I've been looking over the BackupPC wiki to find somewhere to integrate
  my own material, but it's in pretty bad shape. There's no consistent
structure or formatting, and I remember from my initial experience with
it that everything was very hard to find.

There is a proposed structure page
(http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/ProposedWikiStructure) but it is
fairly old, has no discussion, and it's suggestions are only partially
implemented.

I'd be willing to do a lot of the cleaning myself, though I don't want
to step on anyone's toes without talking with you first. Also, my
knowledge of BackupPC is fairly limited to my setup (XP/Vista clients &
Ubuntu server).

Who would be interested in a short meeting about this, say this Sunday
at 12pm via Skype or IRC? My username for both is edallme. Also, please
send any other suggestions you have to me or add them to the
ProposedWikiStructure wiki page/discussion.

Regards,
Cody Dunne