BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Revamping the Wiki

2009-02-13 08:31:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Revamping the Wiki
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan AT ehnberg DOT net>
To: Cody Dunne <cdunne AT cs.umd DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:29:28 +0400
Cody Dunne wrote:
> Johan Ehnberg wrote:
>> I for one would be happy to contribute with several complete pages of
>> documentation that I have generated for my clients, once the Wiki is
>> clear enough to start with.
>
> That's fantastic! I'm glad Craig supports it as well. I've marked a few
> of the recent mailing list messages to copy over, but a more consistent
> approach to making a FAQ would be excellent.
>
> What sorts of documentation do you have? It might help in planning out
> the structure, as well as what stuff of mine to contribute as well.
>
> Cody

The only one currently available is on:
http://www.ehnberg.net/johan/files/docs/backuppc-ssh-tunnel-howto.html

The rest is mostly in Swedish but can quickly be translated. I mostly
deal with stuff relating to SSH keys, tunneling, reaching clients behind
firewalls, mobile clients and two-tiered backups. Stuff that doesn't
belong in an FAQ (maybe linked under scripting/extending/flexibility of
BackupPC questions), but in Tips&Tricks, written in a HOWTO style.

/johan